Terry’s knowledge of the tourism industry and how it works is exemplary. He has used this knowledge, along with his facilitation skills, to provide strategic planning and advisory services for numerous clients and employers—to assist them in reaching their destination development objectives. A few examples include:
- Tourism/Forestry Land Use: Stave West Forest & Recreation Area:Advisory and planning services for strategic direction, outdoor recreation and education development, First Nation partnerships and other initiatives with this multi-stakeholder land transformation project.
- Community Tourism Learning Resources: Project management, writing and production of workbooks:
- Transforming Communities through Tourism: A Handbook for Community Champions
- Handbook for Jamaican Tourism Enterprises (with Small Planet)
- Cultural/Heritage Tourism: A Handbook for Community Champions (national resource)
- Indigenous Cultural Tourism Business Planning Guide: Checklist for Success
- North Shore Tourism Consortium: Coordination of community destination development project leading to DMO development.
- Fernie Destination Management Organization—Strategic Plan: Co-facilitation of strategic planning process leading to DMO terms of reference.
Click here for a complete list of clients and partners, and details of 25 tourism-related projects and experiences.
“Terry has tremendous facilitation and coordination skills, and has partnered successfully with tourism industry employers, employers and educators in many communities…”
- R. Lemon, Ex-Tourism British Columbia
“Terry served as co-chair of our tourism marketing task force, a role that required skilled facilitation, consensus building and considerable presentation skills to bring a diverse group of public and private partners together”
- F. Caouette, City of North Vancouver