1. TOURISM COMPETENCY STANDARDS & LEARNING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT: SAUDI ARABIA: Facilitated workshop and delivered plenary presentation to Saudi Exhibitions & Conventions Bureau and Saudi Commission for Tourism & Antiquities — on behalf of the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council.
2. INDIGENOUS RIGHTS IN TOURISM IN ASIA & THE PACIFIC: Facilitated the coordination & synthesis of research results, and development & design of a project update report. For Pacific Asia Travel Association & Capilano University.
3. SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME, BELIZE: Designed training workshop components and Trainer’s Guide for a cultural/heritage tourism training and business development project. Undertaken in collaboration with the Garafuna, Mayan and Criole indigenous communities. For Belize Tourism Board, with Small Planet Consulting and Aboriginal Tourism Association of BC.
4. TOURISM TRADE MISSION TO ZHANGJIAJIE, HUNAN, CHINA: Developed and led presentations for a Canada-China tourism partnership & education program. For City of Jhangjiajie, Resort Municipality of Whistler and Capilano University, with Green Commerce Innovation Corporation.
5. OLYMPICS ONLINE LEARNING PROJECT, UK AND RUSSIA: Conceptualized phase one development of London 2012 and Sochi 2014 Learning Legacies Olympics learning websites for universities. With LinkBC, UK Higher Education Academy (Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism), Podium: Higher Education for 2012 and Sochi 2014 Olympics Organizing Committee.
6. BC-CANADA OLYMPICS PAVILION MISSION, CHINA: Managed all elements of a business development mission to Beijing (tourism and hospitality education programs); secured participation of nine BC colleges and universities, managed logistics; created well-received on-site program. For BC Council for International Education.
7. TOURISM SECTOR COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT, JORDAN: Led strategic planning initiative and developed terms of reference for country’s first human resources sector council; led consultation and secured input from the Jordanian government and tourism industry. For Government of Jordan, Association of Canadian Community Colleges.
8. CARIBBEAN HOSPITALITY PROGRAMS CORE CURRICULUM, ST. LUCIA: Developed framework and coordinated input for Caribbean hospitality programs project. For Caribbean Tourism Organization.
9. CARIBBEAN TOURISM LEARNING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PHASE 2, BARBADOS: Facilitated project development workshop at the 2nd Caribbean Tourism Educators’ Forum. For Caribbean Tourism Organization, with the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council.
10. CARIBBEAN TOURISM LEARNING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PHASE 1, ANTIGUA: Developed framework, coordinated contributions from multiple partners and facilitated planning workshop at the 1st Caribbean Tourism Educators’ Forum. For Caribbean Tourism Organization.
11. CARIBBEAN TOURISM HUMAN RESOURCE COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLAN # 2, MEXICO: Invited to return and facilitate development of all components for a 2nd Three-year Strategic Plan. With Tourism Training Canada, for Caribbean Tourism Organization and the Caribbean Tourism Human Resource Council.
12. CARIBBEAN TOURISM HUMAN RESOURCE COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLAN # 1, BARBADOS: Conceptualized and assisted in the development of all components of the 1st Three-year Strategic Plan for this sector council. With Tourism Training Canada, for Caribbean Tourism Organization and the Caribbean Tourism Human Resource Council.
13. TOURISM DISTRIBUTED LEARNING CENTRE PILOT PROJECT: BELIZE: Contributed to project framework and program design components. For Simon Fraser University, ARA/KPMG Consultants.
14. NATIONAL INDUSTRY HUMAN RESOURCES STRATEGIC PLAN, INDIA: Led initiative to promote tourism human resource policy development with Indian tourism ministry. With India-Canada Tourism Consortium and Tourism Training Canada.
15. TOURISM LEARNING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT, HONG KONG: Facilitated planning initiative to promote a collaborative approach to curriculum design and delivery. For Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Tourism Training Canada.
16. COLLABORATION FOR TOURISM EDUCATION WORKSHOP, HONG KONG: Presented on the BC Tourism Learning System. For Hong Kong Association of Travel Agents.
17. BC TOURISM LEARNING SYSTEM AND ASIA-PACIFIC CONNECTIONS WORKSHOPS, PHILIPPINES AND HAWAII: Facilitated planning workshops at the Asia Pacific Tourism Association Conference, Manila, and at the University of Hawaii, Honolulu.
18. NATIONAL TOURISM HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PLAN, BARBADOS: Researched, led consultations and developed all HR components of National Tourism Development Strategic Plan. For Barbados Tourism Authority, with ARA Consultants.
19. TRENDS IN TOURISM EDUCATION REPORT, UK: Researched trends and Issues in U.K. tourism and hospitality education and training, and developed UK-Canada tourism professional development partnerships. For Pacific Rim Institute of Tourism.
20. INTERNATIONAL TOURISM HR CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT, CANADA AND 26 COUNTRIES: Served as conference co-manager and national host for this globally-promoted event: program development, fundraising, marketing, speaker management etc. For Pacific Asia Travel Association and World Travel and Tourism Council.
21. INTERNATIONAL TOURISM HR CONFERENCES: BALI, INDONESIA AND HONG KONG: Served as rapporteur for these two international events. For Pacific Asia Travel Association and World Travel and Tourism Council.
22. WORLD CONFERENCE OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE’S EDUCATION, CANADA AND 5 COUNTRIES: Coordinated program and site logistics for this international conference, liaised with international participants. With First Nations House of Learning, University of British Columbia.